6.1.11

Interview for IIUM Academic Position

IIUM Interview
Alhamdulillah, Praise to Allah, Who gives me strength to pass an interview by IIUM Rector today. Now, I want to share this memorable interview to my friends and visitors.

It was a cold morning with raining was pouring down in evey nook and cranny of Kuala Lumpur. After I entered IIUM Main Gate, I went to Rectory at 4th Floor of Administration Block.

About 1015am, I was called to enter the meeting room. After I knocked and entered the room, I know that this is the beginning of my new life. In this room, there were IIUM Rector (Prof. Dato' Sri Dr. Syed Arabi Idid), Deputy Rector of Academic, and 3 other people-I don't recognized them.

Then, the session started.

Rector(R): So, Salahuddin. What is the qualification that you have?

Salahuddin (S): I have the degree in Pharmacy from IIUM.

(R): So you are keen to continue with us despite of what they did to you.

(S): They are friendly. (Smile)

(R): Can you tell me what are the differences between graduates from IIUM and other universities such as USM or UKM.

(S): The graduates from IIUM have both strength, not only in knowledge but also in virtue. They do different things from others. And, this attract people to ask, why are you doing this, and why are you doing that? Our differences attract non-Muslim to know more about Islam.

(R): Can you explain it further?

(S): I see graduates from IIUM are Muslim professionals where they have akhlaq as additional value. They observe punctuality, have passion to work and thirst for knowledge. They are also obedient to their superior.

(R): So, you can work without salary.

(S): I am now pharmacist in University Malaya Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur. Because of hectic environment, I can only claim half day for 2-days work.

(R): Do you want to study abroad or local?

(S): I have contacted 4 universities. One of them offers me to do PhD directly.

(R): Which university is that?

(S): Nottingham University,Semenyih. The other universities are from Denmark,Switzerland and UK.

(R): Ok, Salahuddin. I will take you in. Thank you (He gave me sign to end the conversation)

(S): Thank you. Assalamualaikum.

That was the end of the interview. It was a very short interview which was around 3 minutes. Really a short one!

Alhamdulillah, now is the next step. I know, that life is making choice. And life is not silent from challenges. At present, I am still choosing the best path.

Thank you to Allah, mother, family, dean, lecturers and my friends. A bountiful of thanks to all.

11 comments:

Unknown on January 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM said... [Reply to comment]

proud 2 be IIUM student!

all the best salahudin...;)

Honeyz on January 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM said... [Reply to comment]

salam.. lame x jenguk sini..

tumpang proud jugak sbg graduan uia (^_^)

mm, nk tanye.. camne apply utk IIUM academic position tu? dh kuar iklan kekosongan ke? bukan ape, ade kwn pn nk apply jd lecturer gak, tp katenye org opis suh tunggu kuar iklan..n klu x silap sampai skrg die masih duk menunggu iklan tu.. tu yg jd penasaran gakla ni bile tau yg ni lak dh siap p interview..

apepun, semoga beroleh kejayaan hidup, dunia n akhirat..aamiiin..

Salahuddin Harith on January 6, 2011 at 11:17 PM said... [Reply to comment]

@~CiK TiNieY~cik tiniey, thanks for your prayers

Salahuddin Harith on January 6, 2011 at 11:20 PM said... [Reply to comment]

@Honeyzwaalaikumussalam..saya pun dah slow dalam menulis..

1) kena brjumpa dengan dekan fakulti yang berkenaan minta recommendations
2) isi borang (download internet) atau ada di pejabat fakulti
3) isi borang dan hantar ke dekan fakulti
4) dekan fakulti akan hantar kepada ofis rektor
5) tunggu tarikh interview.

Haziah Salleh on January 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM said... [Reply to comment]

wah! congrats2~ (^^) Alhamdulillah i c it wasmade easy for u

i'm planning to further study too but not in this 2-3 yrs.. Nak gain experience dulu bcoz ingt nk jdik lectrr clinical.. n not in UIA kot but this is a go0d thing dat u shared ur experience.. N.. skang cm ssh nk decide lagi when i stil dont c my 'future'...

Salahuddin Harith on January 9, 2011 at 7:07 AM said... [Reply to comment]

thank u,haziah

it is okay, what is more important is we develop ourselves to become a better and a productive Muslim..

Hanna Wardrobe & Enterprise on January 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM said... [Reply to comment]

Solah, ko sambung study ke??

Salahuddin Harith on January 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM said... [Reply to comment]

@Greatanep @ Greataniteya hanif, insyaAllah akan masuk UIAM sebagai asst. Lecturer..dan akan sambung belajar master dan phd...

nasibku dengan UEM terserah kepada Allah s.w.t

Unknown on June 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM said... [Reply to comment]

salam
seriously cant believe found 'super grand senpai@senior' here =p
very proud to hear dis 1 "The graduates from IIUM have both strength, not only in knowledge but also in virtue"
the thing they keep sayin from the 1st time i step in pj(mtrix)..=)
yes indeed im proud to be 1 of uia student .they do taught me a lot.kan senior?he
terima kasih
semoga drahmatai Allah xD
salam

Salahuddin Harith on June 9, 2011 at 7:16 AM said... [Reply to comment]

@shahira ismailwaalaikumussalam,

betul..setiap pelajar UIA punya galasan untuk menjadi Mukmin Profesional..kita dah diajar macam2..dan hidup dalam keadaan yang penuh program-program pemantapan ilmu dan rohani..

semoga shahira berjaya di dunia yang penuh cabaran ini. kehidupan yang abadi tetap akhirat

semoga Allah merahmati kamu jua

NNajihah Najib on April 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM said... [Reply to comment]

assalamualaikum.. kamis ni sy akan ditemuduga di UIA bagi course QS.. Saya nk tanya org yg berpengalaman ditemuduga di UIA what should I do(s) and don't(s) and what should I prepare? I'm so nervous..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Berubah Meskipun Payah Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template